Facilitated Training for Managers and Supervisors
The Edition of “Supporting a Nonviolent Workplace” provides the same core information available in TAG’s Corporate Training Series entitled Managing Troubled Employees, Managing Troubling Situations, and Your Role In Preventing Workplace Violence.
TAG Experts can deliver this training at your company, provide an expert to “train the trainers”, or your team can facilitate the program through our step by step scripts, PowerPoint, and handouts.
Themes of Training
- Myths and realities about workplace violence
- Early recognition of troubled employees and referral to help-giving resources
- Early recognition of troubling situations and reporting to appropriate company professionals
- Seeking consultation when appropriate
- The importance of treating everyone with respect
- How to discuss workplace behavior with employees
- What to do when you perceive potential danger
In keeping with TAG’s focus on early intervention, this program is designed to educate managers, supervisors, and employees on their roles in the recognition, reporting, and appropriate response to behaviors that, when handled poorly, can lead to:
- Performance problems and absenteeism
- Illness and hospitalization
- Disability claims
- Workers’ Compensation claims
- Discrimination and harassment claims
- Vandalism and sabotage
- Threats, intimidation, and bullying
Participants in the training are taught principles, indicators to observe, reporting procedures, and skills for discussing problem behaviors with employees. True case studies are used to illustrate common issues and as a basis for discussion among participants.
This self-contained training package is designed to be customized with your company’s policy, procedures and logo. It has been successfully delivered by Human Resources, Security, Legal, Employee Assistance, and training professionals to educate audiences in multiple locations throughout scores of major companies.
Supporting a Nonviolent Workplace provides all your managers and supervisors with the information and skills needed to recognize behavioral problems in the workplace before they become disruptive and to call on the appropriate resources for guidance. It is not intended to create expertise in case management, but to promote reporting to and consultation with those who do have such expertise. TAG can help your company develop such expertise internally or provide it on an outsourced basis.
Available in Self-Customizable CD-ROM version that can be presented in a;
- 4-hour live training format with case studies, or
- 2-hour live training format
TAG also collaborates with employers in the production of customized videotapes, CD-ROMs, DVD, HTML/Intranet, or SCORM Conformate programs to promote awareness among executives, managers, supervisors, and/or employees (see other TAG Training offers).